"Checking In" is a vital aspect of OUT LOUD's collaborative process and overall methodology as an ensemble driven collective. At the beginning of every rehearsal, meeting, or collaborative experience - our ensemble takes the time to individually and collectively "Check-In" with one another. The following are some guidelines to offer a creative lifeline into our process and how we are logistically centering the thoughts, feelings, and evolving access needs of those in space with us.
WHERE TO START...
- Where is my headspace at?
- What do I need / need to be aware of to be in conversation with / take care of my mind?
- What makes me feel connected to my thoughts?
- Where is my body at?
- What do I need / need to be aware of to be in conversation with / take care of my body?
- What makes me feel connected to my body in space?
- Where am I? What surrounds me? Do I feel comfortable in this environment?
- What do I need / need to be aware of in this space?
- What makes me feel connected to this space?
- Where are my emotions at?
- How am I feeling? What’s happening in my life that I need to make space for emotionally?
- What do I need / need to be aware of to help guide and hold my emotions?
- What makes me feel connected to my emotions?
- What am I learning?
- What am I healing?
- What is bringing me joy?